Thursday, February 19, 2009

Random tip I found...

I don't know about you, but my eyes go crazy whenever I am slicing a big juicy onion. I always get so nervous when I am using an onion at a shows, because I know what they can do to me (it's not pretty, especially if I forgot to wear waterproof mascara!) I have heard many different theories on how to help out with the "crying" factor of chopping onions, but I finally found one that works for me! So for all "onion cryers", next time you slice an onion run it under cold water while you're peeling it and making that first slice. The sulfuric acid in the onion is washed away, and you are tear-free. You may have heard this millions of times, but it's news to me! It worked great...no tears! Revolutioned my kitchen experience... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment