Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Dinner in 15 minutes, plus a fabulous chicken recipe!

As promised, I am going to show you a complete meal that can be prepared in about 15 minutes. I know, sounds crazy! It involves cooking in an awesome piece of stoneware called the Deep Covered Baker. I can almost hear some of you cheering right now! :o) This baker is amazing, and I will show you why. The recipe we'll be making in it today is a BBQ Pork Tenderloin. All you need is a one pound pork tenderloin, a little vegetable oil, an onion, and some of your favorite seasoning (I use Smoky BBQ Rub). Place the tenderloin in your baker, rubbing it down with a tablespoon of oil and a tablespoon or two of the seasoning. Chop up an onion and place it around the tenderloin, if desired. Then, place the lid on the baker and pop it in the....microwave. In only 8 minutes, you will have a delicious, tender, juicy pork tenderloin. I promise! Those of you who have tried this or seen it in action, speak up and tell everyone what you think! I would love to hear how you are varying it up in your own kitchen. FYI: If your tenderloin is closer to two pounds, put it in for 10-12 minutes. While the tenderloin is cooking, you have just enough time to saute some fresh veggies to add to your delicious pork tenderloin. Now, some of you may be thinking, "Well, I don't have a Deep Covered Baker, so this blog post is not helpful to me." So, I have come prepared today with TWO amazing recipes for you! I came across this recipe while watching "Regis and Kelly" last week. They were doing Super Bowl recipes (I know, I should have posted this last week!), and I just had to try the "Aaron McCargo Jr.'s Tortilla Chip-Crusted Chicken Tenders". I will post my version of the recipe here today. His version sounded great, but included blue tortilla chips, grapeseed oil, and a couple of other things I never have on-hand. So, here is my version (if you are dying to see his version, you can find it on their web site).

1/2 bag tortilla chips
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 eggs, beaten
4 boneless/skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips OR just use about 6 chicken tenders
1 Tablespoon vegetable or canola oil

Special Seasoning:
1 Tablespoon paprika
2 teaspoons onion powder 2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 Tablespoons seasoned salt/regular salt
2 teaspoons pepper

Crush chips separately into a shallow dish. In another shallow dish, add 1 cup of flour and in another shallow dish; beat 2 eggs. Dredge chicken strips in flour, then egg and finally into the crushed tortillas. Transfer to plate. Sprinkle with special seasoning.In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add oil. Add chicken strips 1 at a time and pan- fry until golden and cooked through, about 3 minutes on each side. Remove from pan onto a plate and reserve.

So good! We loved it! It's super easy and uses common everyday ingredients. Enjoy! Let me know what you think if you try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment